This version made from scratch is like the classic recipe we all know and love, This version uses a creamy homemade mushroom sauce made with a mixture of milk and cream, plus a handful of freshly grated Parmesan cheese. This sauce takes the casserole to another level!
The Green Bean Casserole is a comforting dish of green beans cooked in a creamy mushroom sauce topped with salted fried onions. It appears most often on Thanksgiving tables and is a holiday staple across America.
Homemade Green Bean Casserole !!This version made from scratch is like the classic recipe we all know and love, This version uses a creamy homemade mushroom sauce made with a mixture of milk and cream, plus a handful of freshly grated Parmesan cheese. This sauce takes the casserole to another level!The Green Bean Casserole is a comforting dish of green beans cooked in a creamy mushroom sauce topped with salted fried onions. It appears most often on Thanksgiving tables and is a holiday staple across America.
- 2 pounds of fresh green beans (900 g)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 ounces of mushrooms, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, unsaltedor diced chicken broth melted in half cup of worm water
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of tin sauce and preferably add half a teaspoon of succre to cancel out the acidity of the sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 and 1/2 cups fried onions, separated
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
How to make a green bean casserole from scratch:
- Clean and cut the green beans: to make this casserole with fresh green beans, we will need to clean the beans, cut the ends, and then cut them into bite-size pieces.Blanch the green beans: bring a large pot of water to a boil, this is to blanch the green beans, they should be cooked lightly before adding to the pot. Once the water is boiling, gently add the green beans to the water and cook for about 5 minutes. This will soften them, but keep in mind that the beans cook longer in the oven, so we don't want to cook them completely at this time. When the beans are cooked, remove them and add them to a bowl of ice water. This will stop cooking.Make the mushroom sauce: Melt the butter in a large skillet. Then add the mushrooms, I prefer to chop mine making them smaller, they blend well in the pan. You can also crop them if you want to make them bigger. You can also leave them completely if you prefer. Sauté mushrooms until tender and tender, add garlic. Then sprinkle with flour, mix. This will create a thick paste. Stir in broth, half and half and seasonings. Simmer gently as the cooking will thicken.Stir green beans into mushroom sauce. Add some fried onions. Then pour this mixture into a 9 × 13 baking dish.Bake for 20 minutes. Top with additional fried onions and cook for an additional 5 minutes until gold
Other instructions :
- Preheat the oven to 350 ℉ degrees.
- Clean and cut the ends of the green beans, then cut them into small pieces.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Carefully add the green beans to the water and cook for 5-7 minutes to desired sweetness. Keep in mind that they will soften slightly more when cooked.
- Remove the green beans from the pot and place them in a bowl of ice water to stop cooking. Drain and set aside to let the beans dry while preparing the sauce.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook until softened. Add the garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle with flour and stir to create a thick paste. Cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in broth, half and half, salt and pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil and simmer for a few minutes, as the cooking will thicken.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and add the Parmesan. Stir while the cheese melts in the sauce.
- Add green beans to mushroom sauce, tossing to coat. Add 1/2 cup of fried onions and stir.
- Pour the green bean mixture into a baking dish.
- Bake at 350 ℉ for 20 minutes. Sprinkle the remaining fried onions on top and continue to set back for an additional 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve hot and enjoy. yum!!