to start a new day i drink this indulgent smoothie for breakfast and i’m ready for the morning. In this case, the proportions are for one person. The smoothie must be mixed for a long time to be smooth and frothy.
this recipe is easy to make with only 5 ingredients in 5 minutes.
The first step to making any recipe is to make sure you have all the ingredients on hand! So let’s chat about the ingredients in this pineapple banana smoothie, as well as possible substitutions!
- Lite Coconut milk. Something I love about this pineapple smoothie recipe is that it’s best when made with canned coconut milk. This means I always have some on hand in the pantry to make this smoothie! I use a lite variety, but any canned coconut milk works well. You can also substitute an almond/coconut milk blend for a lighter version! I personally think the coconut milk adds a special tropical flare to this pineapple smoothie recipe, so while you can use almond milk or another non-dairy milk, coconut is by far my favorite.
- Frozen Banana. It’s no surprise I put banana in this healthy pineapple smoothie! Adding frozen banana to smoothies is my favorite way to sweeten a recipe and impart an irresistibly creamy texture. Using frozen banana means that you don’t need to add ice to make it thick and cold!
- Frozen Pineapple. I always keep frozen pineapple on hand in the freezer this pineapple banana smoothie). It’s convenient (like the canned coconut milk), and frozen fruit is always picked and frozen at the peak of ripeness, so it’s super sweet and full of nutrients. You can use fresh pineapple if you have it on hand! Or you can buy fresh pineapple, cut it up, and freeze it!
- Honey. This is optional but recommend for the best flavor. You can also use pure maple syrup to keep this recipe vegan!
- Vanilla extract. The addition of pure vanilla extract takes this pineapple smoothie recipe to the next level. The rich vanilla flavor makes the flavor of the pineapple pop!
Pineapple Smoothie Recipe !!This healthy Pineapple Smoothie recipe is easy to make with only 5 ingredients in 5 minutes! One sip of this pineapple banana smoothie will make you feel like you're on a tropical island, it's like a beach vacation in a glass
- 14 oz lite coconut milk 1 ½ cups
- 1 whole banana frozen
- 2 cups pineapple frozen
- 2 TBS honey
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- Place ingredients in order listed into the container of a Vitamix blender (or another high-powered blender).
- Blend, starting on low speed and increasing to high, using the tamper to push the ingredients into the blades.
- Blend on high speed for 30-60 seconds, or until the ingredients are blended and the mixture is smooth but thick.
- Serve immediately!
NotesIngredient Substitutions: • Lite coconut milk: You can also substitute an almond/coconut milk blend for a lighter version! I personally think the coconut milk adds a special tropical flare to this mango yogurt smoothie recipe, so while you can use almond milk or another non-dairy milk, coconut is by far my favorite. Regular coconut milk can be used in place of lite too. • Frozen pineapple. I suggest using frozen fruit in this pineapple smoothie recipe for the creamiest texture and best flavor. You can buy fresh pineapple and freeze it to use in smoothies! • Frozen banana. Frozen banana is the key to naturally sweet, ultra creamy smoothies. I don't recommend making substitutions! • Honey. I personally like the little extra sweetness from the honey. Feel free to omit it or to use a different liquid sweetener like maple syrup, agave, etc.