MIYM Chicken is a family favorite dinner. It’s my version of the classic Melt in Your Mouth Chicken Recipe that your mom probably used to make! Simple, flavorful, and tender chicken recipes are always a welcome addition in my weeknight dinner rotation!
This MIYM Chicken recipe is one of those classic, easy chicken dishes that I am sure you’ve had at some point in your life. My mom used to make it with mayonnaise and while that was fine, I always thought she may have used a little too much. There is a fine line with mayo in my opinion…a little = good…too much = gross.
Anyhow, to sideline that whole debate, I use sour cream in my recipe, which seems to make everyone happy, as it’s pretty undetectable. Plus, there’s cheese involved in this chicken recipe, and everyone knows with cheese…too much = perfect.
This is One of the Best Chicken Breast Recipes For Picky Eaters!
If you have peaked at the recipe here, you can see that the ingredients are very simple. But what I love about a good chicken recipe is that everyone in the house agrees that it is a keeper! So, I’ve kept the flavors mild and minimal, while still being delicious, moist and tasty! Sometimes chicken dishes can be a bit boring and bland, but I’ve cracked the code, and found that simple ingredients used the right way can make dinner magic! Plus, there are so many ways you can adapt the ingredients in this to fit any flavor profile!
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3 pounds boneless chicken breasts, trimmed of excess fat
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly coat a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the sour cream, garlic powder, seasoned salt, pepper, and 1 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Place the chicken breasts evenly into the pan. Spread the sour cream mixture on top of the chicken. Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Turn the oven to broil and place the pan under the broiler for 2-3 minutes until lightly browned on top.
- Serve immediately.
Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Reheat on microwave or in oven at 350°F for 10 minutes.