Lap is a traditional dish from Laos and Isan. It is a mince, usually highly spiced, which is eaten with sticky rice. There are several varieties: the fish lap the cooked lap the raw lap the pork or duck blood lap.
composed of minced meat which can be cooked or raw, and mixed with lime juice, fish sauce, shallots, fresh herbs, chilli and grilled sticky rice powder.
Larb salad !Larb is a delicious Thai and Lao salad made with minced meat, lime, fish sauce, herbs, and grilled sticky rice powder.
- 1 kg ground chicken or pork
- 5 shallots, minced
- 5 tablespoons sticky rice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- Juice of 4 limes
- Dried chopped pepper to taste
- 1 bunch of coriander, coarsely chopped
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 20 fresh mint leaves
- In a dry pan, toast the rice grains over medium heat for about 10 to 15 minutes. Stir regularly so that the rice becomes light brown. Let sit for a few minutes, and grind in a food processor to obtain a grilled rice powder.
- In another large skillet, brown the chicken (or pork) over medium heat or until cooked, about 15 to 20 minutes. Add a few tablespoons of water if necessary to prevent the chicken from sticking or burning.
- Remove from the heat and add the shallots, fresh onion, fish sauce and lime juice. To mix everything.
- Add the grilled rice powder and mix again.
- Add the chili powder or crushed, then add the mint and coriander leaves.
- Serve with hot sticky rice or raw vegetables, such as lettuce, cabbage or cucumbers.