peasant salad, a salad composed specifically of tomatoes, cucumber (plain), olive oil, oregano and salt. It is possibly enriched with feta, olives, onion, green pepper and sometimes, capers and possibly their leaves, vinegar and parsley for decoration.the tomato is not cut into slices but into symmetrical quarters. The cucumber skin can be removed or left, or partially peeled into strips for decoration. Then the cucumber, onion and bell pepper are cut into thin slices. Finally, feta and olives (usually black olives), oil, salt and oregano are added.
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/2 cucumber, diced
- 1 green and 1 red pepper, seeded and cut into thin slices
- 1 onion cut into thin slices
- 150 g cubed feta
- lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 50 g black olives (optional)
- pinch of Pepper
- pinch of Salt
- Cut the tomatoes into small dice and put them in a bowl.
- Add the cucumber, green pepper and olives.
- Mix with half the onion and the diced feta.
- Place the onion and feta remains on top of the salad.
- Add the zest and lemon juice, season with oil and oregano, salt and pepper. Gently mix and serve.