This avocado tuna salad is loaded with chunks of tuna, avocado and colorful veggies for a fresh and lighter take on the classic dish! It’s the perfect lunch or dinner that’s packed with protein and nutrition.
Usually a blend of three main ingredients: tuna, eggs, and some form of mayonnaise or mustard.
This recipe starts with canned tuna, which is drained and flaked in a bowl. Mix the tuna with avocado, thinly sliced red onion, cucumber and cilantro and red onion to form the base of the salad. A simple lime dressing goes over the top, then the final step is to toss, eat and enjoy!This avocado tuna salad is loaded with chunks of tuna, avocado and colorful veggies for a fresh and lighter take on the classic dish! It's the perfect lunch or dinner that's packed with protein and nutrition.
- 3 cans tuna water packed, drained
- 1 cup English cucumber quartered and sliced
- 1 avocado seeded, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons red onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cuminsalt and pepper to taste
- Place the tuna, cucumber, avocado, red onion and cilantro in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, chili powder, cumin and salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the tuna mixture; gently toss to coat. Serve immediately.