Instant Pot Creamy Beef Stroganoff – So tasty, so simple, the best Beef Stroganoff recipe you’ve ever made! Perfect for a weekday evening meal, this creamy beef stroganoff is deliciously served over pasta and will have your family ordering through.
What is stroganoff?
is a traditional recipe of Russian gastronomy: a stew of marinated beef, sautéed, then braised with a smetana or sour cream sauce, mustard, paprika, onions, and mushrooms.
What is the best cut of meat for beef stroganoff?
You can make beef stroganoff with ground beef, but cubed sirloin is the best beef stroganoff. The meat bites brown exceptionally well and are perfectly tender when they reach your lips. Alternatively, you can also cut it into thin slices, but I prefer cubed.
What is Stroganoff sauce made of?
You will find easy beef tenderloin recipes with cream of mushroom as the base for the sauce, however, when you prepare beef tenderloin from scratch, the beef broth thickened with flour will form the spine of the sauce. sauce, with a generous portion of sour cream for creaminess and flavor. You’ll actually find that making beef stroganoff from scratch isn’t much more difficult than the so-called easy recipes.
Instant Creamy Beef StroganoffThe recipe for beef Stroganoff or Stroganov. A delicious dish of Russian origin, easy and quick to make.
- 1.5 lbs (750 g) sliced tenderloin
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 pound (450 g) mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) beef broth
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- In a shallow dish, sprinkle the meat cubes with flour, salt, pepper and paprika and toss well to coat. Set your instant casserole to "stir-fry" mode and melt the butter in the insert. Brown meat on all sides for 5 minutes, until golden brown.
- Add the sliced mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, onion, garlic, Italian herbs and salt and pepper to taste. Cover with beef broth and white wine and put the lid on the instant pot, making sure the ventilation nozzle is in the unventilated position and set the timer for 15 minutes in “stew mode”.
- Release the pressure, then remove the cap and put Instant Pot into “reheat” mode. Stir in half and half and mix until smooth. Adjust the seasoning if necessary with salt and pepper.
- Serve over pasta, garnished with chopped parsley and grated Parmesan. Enjoy!
MAKE AHEAD, STORING AND FREEZING INSTRUCTIONS :
Leftover stroganoff will last in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop.
To make ahead, make the sauce up until the last step of adding the sour cream. Store in the refrigerator for 1-3 days,(depending on the freshness of your ingredients). Reheat on the stovetop over medium-low heat, and stir in the sour cream.
To freeze stroganoff, make the sauce up until the last step of adding the sour cream. Allow the sauce to cool completely, then store in a freezer safe container for 2-3 months. Reheat on the stove top and stir in sour cream once reheated.