Pico de Gallo, also known as Mexican sauce, is not only healthy but also delicious because it has an excellent flavor. You may have first noticed it as an offer at Chipotle restaurants. This recipe is very similar, a CopyCat version of the one they offer. Only a few ingredients are needed and you can do it in a matter of minutes.
I usually serve fresh Pico de Gallo with my slow cooker barbecue and also my slow cooker carnitas for dinner. You can make pico to serve with tacos, quesadillas, or burritos for dinner. Or serve with tortilla chips for a quick and easy snacking.
Sure, traditional Blender sauce is great, but most of the time I prefer this Pico de Gallo recipe. The typical sauce has more liquid and the ingredients mix very well. I like this recipe best because of the thick ingredients I find which taste a bit fresher.
Easy Pico de GalloYou'll love this Easy Pico recipe from Gallo. So simple and authentic. You will find it ideal for dipping chips or covering your favorite Mexican dishes.
- 3-4 midium diced tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper seeds, removed and diced
- 8-10 stems of cilantro, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pinch ground cumin optional
- 1 lime juice
- First, you will need to dice the tomatoes and save all the juice. I use any type of tomato I have on hand, but the best type of tomato for Pico de Gallo is the Roma tomato. They have fewer seeds and thick skin.
- Then cut the onions and jalapeños. Most of the time I use red onion, but a white onion will work too. I usually use a whole, finely diced jalapeño. We love the spices. If you are looking for a little less spice, feel free to use only half a pepper.
- Now for the cilantro. I know many people don't like the taste, smell or taste of cilantro. I love him personally! Making a homemade Pico de Gallo recipe allows you to customize your sauce. If you want to skip the cilantro, go ahead and do it. I suggest keeping the flavor authentic.
- Remove the cilantro stems, leaving only the leaves.
- Chop the coriander leaves.
- Combine tomatoes, onions, jalapeño peppers and cilantro in a medium bowl.
- Squeeze the lime juice out of the bowl and sprinkle with salt. Mix well.
- add olive oil and ground cumin and mix everything together in a large bowl
- For best results, refrigerated 30 minutes before serving.