Crunchy on the outside and chewy in the center: hard to find more comforting than these cheddar and broccoli bites! They are so simple to make with just a few ingredients Yum!!
Keto Crispy Broccoli Cheese Rounds !!Low cabs Broccoli Cheese Rounds : Crunchy on the outside and chewy in the center: hard to find more comforting than these cheddar and broccoli bites! They are so simple to make with just a few ingredients Yum!!
- 1 large broccoli of 1/2 kg cut into bouquets or for people who can not find fresh broccoli available near from them they can also use bag frozen broccoli rice (same quantity)
- 2 whole eggs
- 500 ml (2 cups) grated sharp cheddar cheese or if you want to use mozzarella add two or three spoonfuls of flour
- 250 ml (1 cup) breadcrumbs
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinch of salt preferably kosher salt
- bit of ground garlic
- 1/2 Tbsp pepper powder to taste
- In a pot of boiling water, blanch the broccoli for 1 minute. Cool under very cold water. Drain and pat dry on paper towels.
- for fresh broccoli : In food processor container, combine broccoli until crumbly.for brcoli rice : Cook the broccoli rice in the microwave according to the package directions. Using a fine strainer, drain and squeeze out as much of the excess liquid as you can; set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, beat an egg. Add the cheddar, half the breadcrumbs, green onions and broccoli. Add salt, pepper and mix well.
- Shape into 16 balls using about 30 ml (2 tbsp) of the broccoli mixture for each.
- Prepare two soup plates. In the first, beat the remaining egg. In the second, place the rest of the breadcrumbs.
- Preheat the oven to 205 ° C (400 ° F).
- Dip the bites in the beaten egg, then coat them with breadcrumbs.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, then oil the paper. Place the bites on the baking sheet. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
NotesIdea to accompany : Mix 180 ml (3/4 cup) of 0% plain Greek yogurt with 30 ml (2 tbsp) of chopped fresh parsley, 15 ml (1 tbsp) of chopped fresh chives, 10 ml (2 tbsp) . teaspoon of onion powder and 5 ml (1 teaspoon) of garlic powder. Salt and pepper.