- 1/2 pound whole-wheat spaghetti pasta
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (4-ounce) pieces salmon
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 1 lemon, zested
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
Meanwhile, warm the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Season the salmon with salt and pepper. Add the fish to the pan and cook until medium-rare, about 2 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the fish. Remove the salmon from the pan.
Add the basil, capers, lemon zest, and lemon juice to the spaghetti mixture and toss to combine. Set out 4 serving plates or shallow bowls. Place 1/2 cup spinach in each bowl. Top with 1/4 of the pasta. Top each mound of pasta with a piece of salmon. Serve immediately.