A Waldorf salad is prepared from apples and celery, chopped in julienne, with nuts and raisins and a mayonnaise sauce. It was created around 1893 at the Waldorf Hotel in New York.
Famous Waldorf Salad
Flavorful For Salad
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) mayonnaise
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) Balsamic vinegar / cider (for me I prefer balsamic)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) old-fashioned mustard
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) maple syrup
- 1 Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 200 g (6 cups) oak leaf lettuce, torn
- 2 cups (350 g) red grapes, halved
- 1/2 cups (150 g) pecans, toasted
- 3 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1 green apple, seeded and cut into thin slices, slightly lemony
- 100 g g chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, mix mayonnaise, mustard, maple syrup with a whisk all the ingredients.and reserve it for after
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, raisins, green apple, chopped walnuts, pecans and celery. Lightly oil, then salt and pepper.
- Divide the salad between plates, add the apples and drizzle with the vinaigrette.