1- Ingredients :
- 400 g strawberries
- 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar , (see tip)
- 1 tablespoon stem ginger , in syrup
- 1 splash of Pimm’s
- 4 scoops of quality vanilla ice cream
2- Method :
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Hull the strawberries and toss with the sugar.
- Finely slice the ginger and stir through the strawberries with 2 tablespoons of the gingery syrup. Place in a shallow ovenproof dish.
- Grill the strawberries for a few minutes, until softened and hot, then add the Pimm’s and stir to scrape up all the sticky bits from the bottom of the dish.
- Divide the strawberries and juices between four bowls, top with a scoop of ice cream and tuck in.
3- Tips :
Making your own vanilla sugar couldn’t be simpler. Place 2 vanilla pods in a food processor, blitz, scrape the sides and blitz again. Add 500g caster sugar and blitz for 2 minutes, or until super-fine. Sieve the mixture and store in an airtight container – it should last for ages.