This is great dessert for any time of year. You can easily change the flavor by substituting a different pudding in place of the butterscotch (we also like chocolate a lot).
Beluga or briney caviar come together in a beautiful molded dip that serves up an entire caviar platter in one dish.
Four Layer Delight With Caviar Dip !!
- ½ cup of Lurpak butter
- 1 ¼ cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour i prefer Bob's Red Mill Unbleached Organic
- 1 ⅛ cups chopped pecans
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese i prefer "Great Value cream cheese"
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 (3.4 ounce) packages instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 ounce black caviar Sevruga,beluga,Sterlet can be used but for me i use a mix of beluga and Hackleback
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Coat a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, cream together Lurpak butter with 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar. Mix in flour and 1 cup pecans. Press into prepared dish.
- Bake in preheated oven 15 minutes, until very lightly browned. Cool completely.
- In a bowl, cream together cream cheese,sour cream and with remaining 1 cup confectioners' sugar. Fold in half the whipped topping. Spread over cooled crust.
- Stir together pudding mix and milk and allow to set up slightly. Spread over cream cheese layer. Top with remaining whipped topping and sprinkle with caviar mix,garnish with somme small slices of lemon and Keep refrigerated.