Nothing says comfort food like the combination of fresh white bread and warm, cheesy sauce made with our Mainland Tasty Cheese. The perfect easy snack to make for friends or with the kids, this recipe for Southland Cheese Rolls
-1 small onion – finely diced
– 2 garlic cloves – peeled and minced
– 200ml evaporated milk
– ½ sachet onion soup powder
-250g Mainland Tasty Cheddar – grated
-Tip Top white sandwich bread
-Mainland Buttersoft – melted
- In a pot, soften the onion and garlic in a dash of oil.
- Once softened, add the evaporated milk, onion soup powder and grated cheese.
- Stir until the cheese has melted, then continue to mix over the heat until the mixture thickens. Set aside to cool slightly.
- On a slice of Tip Top bread, spread a generous layer (not too thick) of the cheese mixture over. Use your hands to make into a roll, then set onto a lined tray.
- Brush with melted butter, then bake in a 180°C oven for 5 to 10 minutes or until just golden brown. Serve hot!